Saturday, January 19, 2013

Chapter 17

Habit is habit and not to be flung out of the window by any man,
but coaxed downstairs a step at a time.
~Mark Twain

Ever since my classmate told me about Vegetarian's Paradise on West 4th Street, I haven't stopped going. During my 4th attempt of vegetarianism, I tried this place out and their soy nuggets are to die for.

I haven't returned to being a vegetarian but I'm currently on Day 15 of the Simple Green Smoothies challenge. Everyday I drink some leafy green with fruit concoction so I would be able to get my servings of fruits and vegetables. It actually tastes better than what it sounds. This is something I want to carry over beyond the 30 days because I feel great. I also ran two miles before going to the hospital. The whole day I was euphoric because my energy levels were so high and my soul just felt rejuvenated.

I realized that I've always tried drastic measures to lose weight compromising the foods I love to eat and imposing strict guidelines. It shouldn't be like that. I need to learn how to take small steps in the right direction whether its in my weight loss goals, career goals, savings plan, whatever. It's just more realistic.

Lesson Learned: Slowly changing the direction of a ship over time is safer than changing its direction right before you hit an iceberg. It's better to have gradual results panned out over a long time than drastic changes in which you're susceptible to relapse.

No comments:

Post a Comment